Monday, June 15, 2009

trot on please...

What an exciting day we had on Sunday! This was Shelyn's first riding competition. I must say , the nerves were very tense in the Aubertin house that day!
Shelyn had been looking forward to this day for such a long time. The weather was beautiful.. but a little on the warm side. Normally I would not complain but my poor little girl was riding in a long sleeve black riding jacket and her protective vest as well. We tried really hard to keep her cool.
There were 10 riders in each one of her classes. She rode in three different classes in the "Walk-Trot"division. Her horse is a bit of a stubborn one. He actually spooked during one class, so Shelyn was a little embarrassed by this but we were so proud of her to get him under control and finish the judging class. Did I mention my nerves were shot!!
Shelyn was very disappointed that she did not get a ribbon so we had a little parent to child counselling session about the fact that you will not always get a ribbon and the part where it's about the experience and having fun. I must say, I was a little shocked at her reaction. We had MANY discussions about this show and not wining a ribbon and she seemed very understanding but I guess in the heat of the moment everything we discussed went out the window.
We are SO proud of our little sweet pea , she is our little champion!






























































No comments: